Marybeth Bond, the "Gutsy Traveler" and author of 50 Best Girlfriend Getaways in North America, recommends Ashland, Oregon, in her book as a location for girlfriends to take time together.
Ashland, in the southernmost part of the state, is a great place for women. The Oregon Shakespeare Festival is a long-standing annual event. But Ashland has wonderful shopping, wineries, restaurants, and seasonal events too.
And Ashland is a gateway to Crater Lake Oregon and the Siskyou Mountains. Bicycling, hiking, cross country skiing and snowshoeing are outdoor options.
Ashland Oregon lodging is centered around the bed and breakfast scene. The Oregon Bed & Breakfast Guild features six member inns in town:
- The Blue Moon B&B is located in a bright blue, restored 1890s farm house complete with steam room and sauna.
- A Midsummer's Dream B&B features 5 luxury suites with fireplaces and spa tubs.
- The Oak Hill B&B prides itself on leisurely breakfast served in the shad of old oak trees, and occasionally accompanied by Shakespeare Festival professional staff.
- Anne Hathaway's Bed & Breakfast and Garden Suites close-in location make a perfect launching pad for visiting downtown.
- The County Willows B&B Inn has 12 guest suites on 5 acres of property, bicycles, and a swimming pool.
- Ashland Royal Carter House features spacious rooms and many antiques in their 1909 Craftsman.