It's always an intense but fun & rewarding experience when the Oregon Bed & Breakfast Guild board gets together for a meeting and the meeting this week was no exception. Since we're a small group we could forego the Salem Oregon hotels and hold our meeting at our Administrative Assistant's home in Salem Oregon.
Pictured back row (L to R): Wayne Bailey (Youngberg Hill Vineyards & Inn); Debbie Lusk (The Pfeiffer Cottage Inn); Sandy Parker (Britannia at Terwilliger Vista); Patrick Arbuckle (Forest Springs B&B @ The Historic Heiney House); Tana Phemester (Nob Hill Riverview B&B); Anne-Marie Lizet (C'est la Vie Inn). Pictured front row (L to R): Fred Wickman (Prospect Historic Hotel, Motel & Dinner House); Mary Pellegrini (Old Parkdale Inn); Heather Tyreman (Bronze Antler B&B). Not pictured: Suzanne Hansche (Blue Plum Inn); Jane Nichols (Hood River B&B); Pam Walter (Heron House B&B).
So, what'd we do? The short list:
1. Welcomed 5 new board members and one President-Elect (!)
2. Discussed our collaboration with Travel Oregon's Culinary Tourism program, National Geographic's Central Cascades Geo-Tourism Project and the Northwest Coalition of Bed & Breakfast Associations.
3. Heard a report from our board members attending the recent Oregon Governor's Conference on Tourism.
4. Discussed our new OBBG website under development.
5. Had a wonderful potluck lunch including wines supplied by one of our Oregon wine country lodging members, Youngberg Hill Vineyards. Thank you, Wayne!
Our next meeting will be Monday & Tuesday, November 9-10, 2009 at the Lobenhaus Bed Breakfast and Vineyard near Carlton, Oregon. If you're an OBBG member and would like to learn more about the board and what a great time we have working for you, give a call--there are still three positions vacant!