Wallowa Resources First Annual Barn Dance Fundraiser
- Saturday, August 22, 5:30 pm to 10 pm
- 5:30 pm social hour with wine tasting
- 6:30 pm dinner catered by Beth Gibans of Backyard Gardens featuring plenty of fresh, local ingredients (Oregon culinary tourism at the grass roots)
- Dance to Country Band "Diverse" with Craig Nichols
- Live auction featuring: 2 Scenic Flights over the Wallowa Mountains, Hikers Drop Camp in the Wallowa Mountains, a beautiful Palomino Filly, and a lot more.
- Tickets only $20 per person, available from Wallowa Resources at (541) 426-8053 or through local ticket outlets (see web link above).
Since its formation in 1996, Wallowa Resources has worked to bring people together in a common goal: to blend the ecological needs of the land with the economic needs of the community. The Organization strives to balance Wallowa County's economic well-being with the stewardship and conservation of its resources, preserving the area's heritage of making a living from the land.
What could be better than that?
And you'll need somewhere to stay before and after the dance. There's some wonderful lodging in Oregon to be found in Wallowa County:
Keep your rural weekend theme going by staying at the Barking Mad Farm Bed & Breakfast. Diana & Hunter will be happy to host you in their much-less-than-rustic guestrooms on their farm overlooking Joseph and Enterprise Oregon. Just because they're Oregon lodging pet friendly doesn't mean that they've gone to the dogs!
Nearby Alder Slope Bed & Breakfast also gives you the opportunity to bring along your horse for the weekend. Give Jerry or Barrie a call when you're ready to pull that trailer to some of the most spectacular locations for Oregon trail riding in the Wallowa Mountains.
If city lodging is more your style, both Belle Pepper's Bed & Breakfast and the Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast are located in the town of Joseph Oregon. Enjoy your barn dance, but stay in town for the shops, art galleries and restaurants of this art colony town.