Romantic weekend getaways are just around the corner with Valentine's Day Weekend. Roselyn, innkeeper at the romantic bed and breakfast R.R. Thompson House in Carlton, offers some specific Valentine's Weekend recommendations for exploring Oregon Wine Country:
- Celebrate Valentine's Day in the Willamette Valley and experience the quiet beauty of Oregon's premier wine country in winter. Tasting rooms and wineries will bring out the cupid in you with special events which are hard to resist. What could be better than a glass of Pinot Noir wine coupled with Pinot Noir brownies? Monks Gate Vineyard near Carlton, Oregon tempts with this offering Valentine's Day weekend. Linda bakes these irresistible treats herself and will offer them to visitors of the vineyard/tasting room on Saturday, February 12 and Sunday, February 13. (Tasting fee applies).
- Monks Gate is just one of dozens of wineries in the Valley planning special events during Valentine's Day weekend. The theme at Coelho Winery in Amity will be "The Perfect Aphrodisiac," with the staff offering a selection of wines paired with "sweet and savory aphrodisiacs." On Sunday, February 13 at 3 p.m., Vintage Voices, a jazz ensemble, will perform classic love songs in the tasting room. (Reservations requested, charity donation to YCAP.)
- "Fine Wine and Lasting Love" is the theme at Raptor Ridge Winery, Newberg, where the staff is waiting to show off their new winery and tasting room.
- At Cana's Feast, partake in a "wine country-style" Valentine's dinner on February 12. Chef Lisa works magic in the kitchen where she mixes skill and heart for fantastic culinary offerings.
- Check out the Willamette Wines website for more special events.
And while exploring the picturesque countryside and little towns in the valley, and enjoying its fine wines, we invite you to make the R. R. Thompson House in Carlton your home base for Oregon Wine Country lodging. You will be just a short walk away from Carlton's many inviting tasting rooms, or a quick drive to the wineries and tasting rooms in the country or nearby towns.
Get ready for fun and romantic weekend getaways this weekend in the Willamette Valley this Valentine's Day weekend! The R. R. Thompson House offers romantic bed and breakfast suites and heart-warming rooms for your enjoyment. Give us a call at 503-852-6236 and we'll be happy to help you arrange the weekend you deserve.
Thanks, Roselyn, for your great Oregon Wine Country travel tips!